For all dental practices, it’s important to decide who are your ideal patients.
Where do they live?
What kind of service do they expect?
Are they young, older, male, female?
Are they affluent, price sensitive, looking for a dental ‘package’ e.g. a membership scheme?
Are they in certain jobs like airline stewards and stewardesses, actors & actresses, business people that do presentations or public speaking, teachers or in other professions?
Last but not least, at what life stage are they? Are they about to get married?
Have you ever considered how many people are getting married in your local area in 2016?
What if we told you that you could directly target these people with tooth whitening, other cosmetic treatments or even braces if far enough in advance?
Well you can!
There’s plenty of benefits to approaching this section of the market:
- Everyone wants a perfect smile for their big day
- Brides, grooms and bridesmaids all want to be camera ready
- It’s all about having great photos as well as the memories
- They have a wedding budget of (average in UK) £24,000*
- People will spend more on a wedding cake than the cost of teeth whitening!
If you’d like more information about creating perfect wedding day smiles for your local area call us on 01626 897 713 or email us.
At the moment we’re helping several clients to create and promote open days. This is a great way of showcasing new treatments as well as building relationships and rapport with patients.
To help you create an event for your practice here’s a list of the things you’ll need to think about:
Your Event Checklist
- Select a main theme
- Decide on a special discount for selected treatment
- Prize draw to win e.g. free tooth whitening
- Post updates on Facebook & Twitter
- Create momentum prior to the event
- Press release sent out to local media
- Book photographer / ask a team member
- Print leaflets for local businesses
- Promotional merchandise ordered
- Print posters for your windows
- Patient e-newsletter / newsletter update
- Motivate staff and assign roles
Need help with your events?
To celebrate our sixth anniversary we’re offering six FREE half hour slots for consultations at Dental Showcase in Birmingham, so book soon to avoid disappointment!
Book an appointment with our lead consultant Steve Davey. Get in touch via email or call us on 01626 897 713.
This is possibly the best marketing tip for any business on a tight budget; and it is a great way to encourage patient referrals from local businesses to your dental practice.
What are affiliates?
Individuals or companies who promote your treatments on their website, in their premises or via their newsletter in exchange for discounts on treatments for their customers or referrals from you.
Having a team of affiliates marketing your practice to potential patients is invaluable as the recommendation comes from a person or company that they already know and trust.
There’s no limit to the number of local businesses that you can have promoting your practice.
We recommend the following local businesses for dental affiliates:
- Hair salons
- Hotels with gym/spa facilities
What do I do?
A cheap and effective way to work with local businesses is to produce a joint venture flyer branded to your practice.
For each affiliate you amend the flyer template to feature their logo (as well as yours), a tagline aimed at their customers and an offer ‘exclusively’ for their customers to use at your practice.
For guidance on practice affiliates simply get in touch via email or call us on 0845 287 3051.