Keeping in touch with your patients, whether current or lapsed, is one of the best ways to keep your patient lists full and appointments booked.
Sure, breakthrough thinking and new ideas are the lifeblood of really successful businesses – and dental practices are no exception. I talk to numerous practice owners and business owners from several industries, however, and they are often so busy looking for new out of the box ideas that they miss the clear opportunities staring them in the face – the “in the box” profit opportunities.
A great example of this is attempting innovative ways to bring in new patients when you have an under-tapped patient list. In other words; putting too much emphasis on new patient acquisition and not enough emphasis on patient recall.
At Smile we regularly encounter these issues that represent wasted opportunities:
- Not enough communication with patients
- A recall process that isn’t robust and doesn’t include all patients
- Giving up too soon on patients coming back for treatment
- Poor recall letters and emails – I see many that are ‘cold’, matter of fact and unfriendly
- No newsletter to ‘up-sell’ your treatments – many of your patients simply do not know everything that you offer
- Little or no ‘ownership’ of recall within the practice
- No segmentation of your patients – they are not all the same!
- A practice website that lacks key patient information (treatment, team, prices)
- Patient plans and membership schemes that are not well promoted
These are all “in the box” issues that can be addressed and are guaranteed to help build income and patient retention.
And here’s the thing. Generating income from your own patient list almost always costs much less than finding new patients.
For a FREE practice marketing Health Check call 01626 897 713 or email@example.com.