Finding it hard to attract new patients cost effectively? Many practices are, if this includes you then it’s crucial that your dental practice has patient retention initiatives in place. First you need to divide your patient list into:
- Patients: had treatment in the last year
- Dormants: last visit 1-2 years ago
- Lapsed Patients: 2 years+, you’re well and truly off their radar!
To encourage patients back in for an appointment you can use reactivation and recall, it’s not as complicated as it sounds! Here’s a few insights from our experience:
- What you write, email or text your patients should be different according to which segment they’re in.
- Contact dormants with meaningful updates (new treatments, practice news, birthday card, voucher – whatever it takes to gain an appointment) this will definitely bring patients in.
- Don’t give up on lapsed patients. Test trying to win them back and by test I mean, take a sample, say 50 or 100, and contact them then measure your reactivation activity(calls, letters, emails) and see what works best.
- Contact your patients regularly. Maintain and build your relationship with them. After all, a happy patient is an advocate and a source of referrals for your practice
Patients from your own database are always the easiest route to fee income for your dental practice. For a review of your patient management policies and procedures, contact us.