We get asked this a lot. Well, for many practices, it’s a sound business opportunity!
Typically, and in our experience, radio works best for:
- Practice launches – reaching as many people as quickly as possible to build a patient base
- Promoting a unique service in your catchment e.g. cosmetic treatments not offered by competitors
- Communicating convenience e.g. children’s braces without NHS waiting list
- Promoting an event e.g. practice open day (often at launch)
- Seasonal offers e.g. teeth whitening for summer and the “wedding season”
Regional radio stations with a good % of local people listening can work really well. You just need a creative advert with a strong message and clear call to action (your phone number, web address or text number)
Ah, my “ideal patient” I hear you say. Everyone should have a profile of who they really want in their practice but that’s a subject for another day.
There are best practices in buying radio advertising or sponsorship and it’s always best to consult a professional marketing company for assistance.
Next time, we’ll dispel the myths of radio advertising, for example it doesn’t have to be expensive – in fact it can be extremely cost effective if you look at the cost per thousand of reaching your ideal patients.
For an initial no-obligation phone consultation with us to discuss your practice future, call 0845 287 3051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.